I am a self-taught programmer. After a year of self-study, I was able to land a job as a software engineer II at eBay. Once I got there, I realized I was severely under-prepared. I was overwhelmed by the amount of things I needed to know but hadn't learned yet. My journey learning to program, and my experience at my first job as a software engineer were the inspiration for this book.
This book is not just about learning to program; although you will learn to code. It's about all the other things you need to know to program professionally that classes and books do not teach you. It's a roadmap, a guide to take you from writing your first program to passing your first technical interview. I divided the book into six sections:
- Learn to program in Python 3 and build your first program.
- Learn Object-oriented programming and create a powerful Python program to get you hooked.
- Learn to use tools like Git, Bash, package managers and regular expressions.
- Study Computer Science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Learn best coding practices.
- Finish with tips for working with a team and landing a programming job.
The path is there. Will you take it?
Edition: 1st Edition
Posted on: 12/26/2016
Page Count: 265 Pages
Author: Cory Althoff,:
链接： https://www.lanzous.com/i1wjzjg 文件大小：1.0 M